Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Two in a row!

Amazing, I know : )
Today was pajama day at Patience and Danica's preschool so here they are all ready to go with jammies and their Max and Ruby stuffed animals:
I have a picture of the two of them awhile back on this blog holding the same toys...they sure have grown up!
Tonight is Cadets and Sean would like Don and I to go watch the Colors Parade (where they march and raise the flags, etc) because he is now officially a member of the guard and will be marching (hopefully in unison) with them.
Recently I made homemade syrup! We were running low, and I remembered how my mom always made her own. Sure enough, Google will bring up hundreds of recipes and it's easy as all get out! I did have to buy maple flavoring, but I can make for 80 cents syrup that would cost more than $3 to buy. Oh, and the kids think it's better than the store-bought stuff...bonus!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it's even better if you WARM it before you serve it! Remember that little glass carafe I had it in? I'd sit it on the burner, on low, till it got warm.
I remember Betty Brown's mother giving us little maple "pills" that disolved in water and sugar, that she used to get at the school, as she worked in the cafeteria back then.
So, are you going to Cadets tonight? Be sure and take pictures, if you do :)

Thanks for posting!

Love you!

****** said...

Oh Yeah!! A post. I know, I know, I posted to. Happy birthday to Sean. His intended has a fly pen too. She got it for Christmas. She really has been enjoying all that it can do and wants to buy the French software so she can have it all loaded for our trip. So nice to see so many cute pics.
Love to everyone!

****** said...

Yep, she has the music one too - that was what sold it for me. Her aunt and uncle knew she was getting it and got her the algebra software. Unfortunately, our Christmas with them was before Christmas and it was a tiny bit of a spoiler. Also, it's a little hard to get excited about algebra... Getting very excited about our trip!