Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's weekend...the good, the bad, and the ugly

On Friday evening we had new friends over to play cards. Russ and Kari Furse are Justin's parents, which is a friend of Sean's from school. He's one of the friends that Sean enjoys shooting and getting shot by. Oh yeah, and Russ is also the Physics teacher at the boys' school. His wife homeschools their kids until Grade 8, and then they go to Poppy with their dad. Sounds like a great setup to me! We had a great time getting to know them and played Canasta and Oopsha (sp?). We played past midnight, because that is how long it took the boys to beat the girls, and of course we couldn't stop before that happened.

On Saturday Nick woke up feeling very poopy. And me too. So after a brief foray into wakefulness we decided to head back to bed, where we slept until 11:00. I felt a little better. Don took the girls to the park and the store to burn off some energy, and I put Nick down for another nap and had a shower. And then I went back to bed until 4:00! I woke up feeling much better, but Nick was still a mess : ( We realized that our plans for leaving the Littles with Haley while we went to February Blues was a bad idea, so we quickly rearranged our evening. Don stayed home with the Littles and Haley went with me to Feb Blues. Last year I stayed home with the Littles while Don went, so it worked out fair. Plus, he went last month to a Kwantlen concert so it was my turn.

Sunday was, of course, Valentine's Day. We were so lucky that Waneta stopped by on Saturday, on her way to a funeral, and brought us a bag of Valentine's goodies. I was planning on doing Valentine's errands on Saturday, but that day was robbed from me so no one got anything from me : ( Don got everyone candy, and Patience made cards for Don and me. I got caught up on laundry and did some baking for this week's lunches. Oh, and I finally read blogs last night for the first time this weekend and found amazing news! Val has a new graphics job! And she has a "before" picture of their new home. And Nathan has a video of him snowboarding. And Mom and Lee have posted about their travels on New Zealand's south island. And that's when I realized how behind I was with my own posting. I'm hoping to take pictures today of the kids with their new Valentine's treasures, so check back : )

3 comments:

Pat and Lee said...

Great to hear from you and that you are feeling better! Lee and Don were chatting yesterday, so we knew that you and Nick were under the weather. What did you have? Hopefully not Patience's malady.

Welcome back to the land of the well!

Love you!

Pat and Lee said...

How do I get to Nathan's snowboarding video?

Cathi said...

It's on his facebook page. I guess you have to be logged into facebook before this link will work.