Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The pool saga continues...

Yesterday afternoon the little pool got down to it's last few centimeters, so I dumped the remaining water down the hole of a certain mole that just won't go away. And then I remembered this pool. Don and I started setting it up and filling it around 5:00 and although it looked huge we thought it would be a great solution to our pool-less summer. Then we noticed that the air-filled ring at the top, which basically holds the pool up, had a leak. Not a slow leak, either. Then we noticed the pin-hole on the side of the pool where a tiny stream of water was spraying out. Okay, I can take a hint. Or two. This is not the summer to have a big pool.

On the upside, when we got out all that pool stuff, we found a patch kit for the little pool! So, I'm letting it dry today on the trampoline and then I'll patch it and put it back into service. And we've decided that we're definitely in the market for another pool, but maybe something a little smaller than 18'x48"...12'x36" would probably be perfect.

No comments: