Sunday, March 20, 2011

Stretching a turkey

Today I roasted a turkey that I had purchased at Christmastime when the prices of turkeys were really good. It was a good sized turkey, not sure about the exact weight, but probably 20 pounds if I were to hazard a guess. And now my challenge is to stretch that turkey into a week's worth of meals. Here is what I have planned:

Tonight: Turkey Divan over pasta (yummy!)
Monday: Turkey and cheese enchiladas
Tuesday: Turkey fried rice
Wednesday: Turkey noodle soup
Thursday: Turkey pot pie
Friday: Turkey burritos
Saturday: Turkey deli-style sandwiches

Plus I'm planning on using some of the breast meat, that I've already sliced thin, for sandwiches for this week's lunches. If this goes according to plan it'll be the best $20 I ever spent : )

No comments: