Thursday, March 08, 2012

One final push

Today is our final day here before a 16-day vacation. My excitement is paralleled only by the dozens (I was going to say hundreds but then realized that was an exaggeration) of things I need to do, to prepare, to pack, to tidy, etc. Don worked last night, so he will be sleeping for the first part of the day, but I think he will be helping me later this afternoon and evening. Also, I have dinner all prepared (thank you, OAMC) so I only need to make rice tonight.

My plan is to leave tomorrow at 4 a.m., or earlier. We'll cross the border in Abbotsford so I can stop at my sister's and pick up the cell phone she's lending me. Then we'll head south on I-5, hopefully making it through Seattle by 6:00ish, before traffic gets insane. In my dreams, the Littles are sleeping soundly all this time : ). I get to meet an online friend in Woodburn, OR, of all places! And we'll just continue driving all day long until we reach Richmond, where Lee has graciously offered to take BART. We'll pick up our "fresh" driver and Lee will pilot us home, kind of like the cruise ships do.

I will be taking lots of pictures and keeping up my blog as we go, so it doesn't become an overwhelming task.

Mom, Lee, Dad, Edith, Nathan, Heather et al, we will see you soon!

No comments: