Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Calendars!


Last night Don and I decided that this year we were going to really do Christmas, despite the fact that December was half over. We've never really made Christmas memories with the Littles because of our industry. But we closed last night with 35 trees left to sell, so we decided we'd get rid of them and not cut and sell anymore. Don spent the day outside in freezing weather, selling trees for basement bargain prices and cleaning up the yard, disassembling tree stands, etc. At the end of the day we have 15 left, and he's going to try to get those wholesaled to a desperate tree lot owner.
So, we made a list of all the things we wanted to do, and making Christmas calendars was on that list. This was a family tradition while Val and I were kids, and all of our older kids always enjoyed their Christmas calendars, which they made on Thanksgiving. Like I said, the month is half over, so I made smaller calendars that go from today until Christmas. I think a shorter period might be better for the girls anyway. Each day has either candy, a present, or both. The girls can't believe their good fortune!

1 comment:

****** said...

Great picutres of Don and the kids and I love the calendar idea! I didn't fill our reusable advent calendar this year since we would be away for 11 days. Disney is great and we are having a fantastic time - wish you were all here to enjoy the 70 degree but nicely overcast weather we had today. Kiss the Littles for me.