Sunday, December 26, 2010

Don Sr's handiwork

The girls have two American Girls dolls (the Bitty Baby twins) and until yesterday all their AG paraphernalia was stored in a big plastic bin under their bed, which was not usable at all. So this Christmas I asked Don Sr. to make them a "doll wardrobe" that would fit between their beds. Waneta and I went out and found the two baskets and he built the wardrobe around them, making sure it fit beautifully, even accommodating the baseboard heater on the wall behind it. I just love it, and now the girls love to play with and dress their dolls!


And then, since I knew he'd be in the wood shop and have the white paint out, I asked him to double my counter space in the "bunker" kitchen with a shelf  that would hold two stories of canisters. I just love it! Thanks, Dad!

By the way, if you have an opportunity to get a father-in-law with fabulous wood-working skills, I highly recommend that you do!

1 comment:

****** said...

Wow! It looks like you have had a wonderful Christmas season. So glad you got your arts cow! Love my coasters. Will catch up with you soon. Love the shelves!