Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Christmas Candy Calendars 2010

My mother, bless her heart, started a family tradition decades ago where each child (adults in some cases) get a candy calendar for December...it helps the month go just a little faster when you get a piece of candy each day, and you can easily count down the days until Christmas. Now that I'm an adult, I think the month pretty much zooms by, but I do remember it going in agonizingly slow motion when I was a kid.

So last night I got all the supplies for the calendars and "lined them out" with the month of December and split up all the candies evenly in baggies. This morning after breakfast and chores we went to it. It was torture difficult with a 2-year-old who doesn't understand the concept of "calendar." Or "1 piece of candy each day." We did lots of explaining, redirecting, yelling, and crying.  In the end I had to put his calendar up on top of the cabinets so he can't see it. Next year will be better. Right?

This was, thankfully, a washable marker!

Jordyn coloring her calendar.

Patience coloring hers.

The finished products.

The girls' calendars.

Let the season begin!

1 comment:

Pat and Lee said...

Seeing this tradition continue on makes my heart sing! Thank you!

and yes, next year will be better! :)

Love you!

Mom