Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Lately I've been frustrated with my kitchen. Specifically how unorganized it is. I am blessed to have 2 kitchens, but lately I've found myself going downstairs frequently to get something I need. It's only in the downstairs kitchen because my upstairs cabinets are full of things that I really don't use that often. Obviously, it'd be a big job to reorganize my kitchen. Too big for one person. So this year I asked Dylan and Sean if they would help my with this daunting task.

First Dylan and Mark emptied every drawer and cabinet while the rest of us were at church. Except the pantry. I organized that yesterday and was satisfied with it. They vacuumed and wiped them all out with cleaner. When we got home from church, this was the condition of my kitchen:





Don took the Littles to McDonald's and then to Toys R Us so Patience could spend her gift card, and the boys and I spent the next two hours putting this back together in an organized, streamlined way. Much was sent to the downstairs kitchen, some was recycled, and some was thrown away. The boys were ruthless very helpful in keeping me on task and in getting me to part with things I don't use.

I'm so excited and thankful to have a much better kitchen to work in...this is going to be the gift that keeps on giving! Thanks, boys!

No comments: