Sunday, February 10, 2008

Our Magnificent Weekend of 2008

Remember our lovely Victoria weekend that we spent with Frank and Heather last year? Remember how it nearly killed our childcare providers? Remember how we (as in the 4 who were in Victoria) had so much fun we decided that we needed to spend another long weekend together in 2008?


Well, guess what Heather and I just did this evening?
Here's a hint:


That's right! We just booked a 3-day Carnival cruise to Mexico in May. Ahhhhh....I'm already starting to relax just knowing that in three short months we'll be living the good life off the shore of Baja California.
We're using airmiles to fly from Seattle to Los Angeles, so it really will be a whirl-wind trip. We leave Friday a.m. and get back Monday night.
More good news on the subject: my incredible, magnificent parents are returning to take care of the girls. Don and I were willing to just leave the girls with the boys, but Mom and Lee didn't feel comfortable with that. Now, I know that if we left the girls with the boys, no one would have a good weekend (except Don and me), and none of the kids would like each other by Monday night, and the house would be a disaster area, but really, I think the girls would be okay. Like, they wouldn't be needing medical attention or anything... But really and truly, everyone will be happier to have Grandma and Grandpa here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can just see the headlines... parents leave toddlers with teenage brothers, go to Mexico on a cruise!
We'll be there, and it will be fun to spend time with the kids, and hopefully the Richey/Lawson's, too!
You'll have a fabulous trip!
Love you!

Mom

Anonymous said...

I am SO jealous!
Enjoy your time away..you certainly deserve a break!

****** said...

Lucky you!! Oh Yeah!! Lucky me too!! I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait. I'm so glad that you guys have the freedom to get together and that your wonderful parents are so accomodating! That is a great picture, too by the way!!