Saturday, February 09, 2008

Whole foods at my fingertips...

Now, I know this won't be an interesting entry for many people, so feel free to skip it and go watch Jordyn's montage below : )


I used to store all of these foods in my pantry in Tupperware canisters, but I found it cumbersome to make several trips back and forth from the pantry to the counter. So when I got gift cards to Ikea for Christmas, I started a collection of these glass apothecary canisters and put my most-used ingredients in them. This morning Dylan and I went shopping at Canadian SuperStore and I bought some more for a great price.

With this setup, I can whip up pancakes, waffles, bread dough, and even lots of dinners without stepping away from the counter once. And, because I want my canisters and their beautiful contents to be the focal-point of my kitchen, it motivates me to keep the counters clean.

In addition to this little bit of organization and the grocery shopping, I covered my grey, chauffered Sean from a cadet activity to a birthday party, and dyed Nathan's comforter covers teal to help his room look more like a Shark Tank. And all this while Don puts in his second 10-hour day in a row. Tonight's supper: leftovers.

Have a lovely weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your counter looks great! The cannisters have worked out really well, and they aren't so big that they reduce your working space! And I was with you on that momentous trip to IKEA, and got to appreciate first hand how well the cannisters work! You were a BUSY girl!! It's a good thing that you are so good at multi-tasking!

Love you!

Mom