Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Busy Tuesday

Yesterday I did get my two breaks: Don took Jordyn bye-bye and then the girls did have preschool. But from there it got dicey. Both boys had after-school activities, followed by a band concert last night, so there was about 30 minutes for Dylan and Sean to eat dinner, get dressed, etc. I made a veggie stirfry and people just ate when they could fit it into their schedule.

I ended up going to the concert with Nick. I chose to sit at the highest row of the bleachers, as I thought he would be the least conspicuous up there. I neglected to remember how heat rises. Especially when you add in the body heat from a couple hundred people. By half-way through the concert I had stripped both of us down to our bottom layers and he did really well. At the end, half-way through the Senior Chamber Choir, he expired. I had to walk down all those stairs holding a fussing/crying baby while the director introduced the next song. Thankfully I didn't trip and as far as I know I didn't get angry stares from people for interrupting the concert...probably lots of thankful ones, for keeping the auditorium quiet.

Fast forward to 9:30, when the concert was over and cleaned up. Sean reminded me that tonight was the time to pick up camp forms from cadets. I asked if we'd have another opportunity to pick them up? He didn't know (shocking, I know). So, we drop Dylan off and then head out to cadets in hopes that we make it before everyone leaves. We made it there by 9:45, when the CO was just leaving in his van. He stops and gives us Sean's form. I am thankful because I know how much summer camp means to me Sean.

We get home at 10ish and Nick is wide awake. Second wind has definitely blown in. It takes me nearly an hour to convince him that going to sleep is a great idea.

And then we were up at 6:30. It's going to be a 2-cup morning.

1 comment:

Pat and Lee said...

Wow! Busy, event-filled evening! I'm glad that you took Nick with you, even if he did decide that he was done before the concert was.

Good that you got the camp forms, too. I know how much both of you enjoy that! :)

Have a great day, a happy Thanksgiving, and post pictures of all the events, ok?

Love,
Mom