Wednesday, August 26, 2009

News update

Okay, today is the day my trip starts. I'm leaving late this afternoon to pick up my sister at her work and then we'll drive to Seattle, where my mom will have arrived and gone to the hotel suite that she's rented. We'll have a hen party...we haven't done that in a decade!

Then, tomorrow, I get on an early flight for Virginia. Mom and Val sleep in much later than me and then they'll drive north so that Val can go back to work and Mom can be me for a week (please pray for her).

The problem: Nathan's truck is currently at the shop! Please, please, please help us pray that the mechanics can fix it so it makes the trip home and that their price is reasonable and that they can do it quickly! Preferably Nathan will be able to pick me up at the airport tomorrow night. Or at least it can be done Friday so we can begin our trip back west. Or, if God has better plans then we'll just leave it in His capable hands...He hasn't let us down yet.

Nick update: he is totally weaned! He's drinking milk and water from a sippy cup, and he's slept in his own crib for the past two nights. The ironic thing is that for the past two nights Jordyn has made her way upstairs in the middle of the night and crawled in bed with us!

I'm as busy as ever, but in the past two days I've fit in beautifying myself: manicure, pedicure, hair cut, highlights, and leg waxing! Don and I did the highlights ourselves and we did a durn good job! Of course pics will follow. I have my camera charging right now and we'll be taking hundreds of pics this coming week.

Please keep us in your prayers. We all are feeling very unsettled because of all the logistics still up in the air at this very late date. Thank you.

2 comments:

Pat and Lee said...

Praying!!

Love you

****** said...

So, I'm dying to know how reentry is goin with your other sons - one in particular! Hope you have a fabu trip. I'm so glad for you.
Love you.