Thursday, May 27, 2010

Final Jazz concert 2010

Tonight Don and I went to see Sean and Dylan perform in Poppy's end-of-the-year jazz concert. We went with our friends, Russ and Kari, who have a son who was also performing. Russ and Kari also have a teenaged daughter named Michaela who came and babysat the Littles so that Don and I could both go to the concert. That was a nice change from us taking turns going and staying home to watch the kids.

The concert went really well and both boys had solos. I did record Sean's solo, but my camera battery died before I could get Dylan's. I'll try to figure out how to upload it tomorrow.

After the concert the band teacher, Mr. Ablitt, took a bunch of kids out to see the movie Robin Hood, which doesn't even start until 10:00. I can't believe I let Sean stay out until 1:00 a.m. on a school night, and then Justin is coming to spend the night at our house so his parents didn't have to drive out from Abbotsford to pick him up. I must be getting soft! I'll let you know tomorrow whether or not that was a good idea : )

No comments: