Sunday, June 20, 2010

Day four: Swimming with dolphins

Because we were celebrating our 20th anniversary with this cruise, and because our parents had given us birthday money and "cruise mad money," we decided to splurge (and I mean splurge) with this once-in-a-lifetime experience: we swam with dolphins!

It was more amazing than I ever thought it would be, and I highly recommend that you do it sometime in your life. It was the highlight of our entire vacation.

Here is a link to the video of our entire swim if you're interested.


Heather and I on the ferry to the Blue Lagoon Island.



Don and Frank on the ferry.


A "fixer-upper" on a private island in the Bahamas. I could be happy there!


Coming up to Blue Lagoon Island.

Don and I with Jake, who starred in the Flipper movie.

Don gets a kiss!

Me too!

The dolphins visiting with us before we get in the water.


Me getting "pushed" by the dolphins. You have to watch the video to get the full effect.

Don's turn!


Heathers' turn!


The dolphins telling us goodbye.











As we were leaving, the trainers had the dolphins do these jumps for us.














No comments: