Saturday, June 26, 2010

International students

I have been diagnosed by close friends and family that I am definitely insane for deciding to take international students this summer, and let me just say that I really hope I don't agree with them come the middle of July : )

As it stands right now, we will have two boys staying with us for three weeks starting July 4. They leave on the same day that three other boys arrive. They will be with us another three weeks.

They are in an ESL summer school program, so I will be transporting them to school each morning and picking them up in the late afternoon. Part of their school involves fun activities each afternoon so I'm thinking that by the time they get home and have dinner they will be satisfied with low-key activities in the evening. We'll try to think of something fun to do on the weekends. I'm wondering if they'd enjoy going with Don to work on the Christmas trees ; )

It also looks like we won't be getting an international student for the school year. There just aren't many students who want to attend Sean's school, and the ones we will be attending there have requested to live in more populated areas like Walnut Grove or Murrayville. So this is our opportunity to host international students and we're going to take it!

4 comments:

Pam said...

You are taking 5 international summer students??? You are a brave woman! I am sure they will love spending time with your family! I have a new student that came to us a week or so ago..she is wonderful!

Pam said...

Oh, and are they all from China?

****** said...

Clinically! If I have to come up there.... I'm gonna have to get a haircut too!
How did it go from two to five you nut?

****** said...

excuse me six international students.