Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas angels

We have had the pleasure of Don and Waneta's company for the past three days and I am so thankful that they came...they've been so very helpful during our hectic, busy season.

They came on Saturday and checked into a nearby hotel in Aldergrove, which they picked based on proximity to us and the indoor swimming pool that the kids would enjoy : )  Don had the tree farm open at that point, and Patience was at a birthday party, so on Saturday Don Sr. went and visited some friends and Waneta, Jordyn, and I did some Christmas shopping while Nick napped. Sean babysat him when he woke up. We headed into Langley and got ALL her shopping done for my family with the exception of me and the part of the girls' gift that Don Sr. is actually building.

When we got back we got gussied up and the adults went out to dinner at Elisabeth's Chalet while Dylan watched the Littles. That was fun, and delicious! After dinner we got the Littles suited up and headed over to Don and Waneta's hotel to swim. We didn't plan that very well. Suffice it to say that we had to cut that visit short when Jorydn nearly drowned, compliments of Patience, and it was clearly too close to bed time.

On Sunday Don and Waneta came over for some breakfast and then they headed out for more visiting while the kids and I went to church for the first Sunday in Advent. It was lovely, with lots of Christmas carols mixed in with the singing. Oh, and Don and Waneta delivered a big tree for us on their way to visit their friends, huge help! After church I put Nick down for a nap and, with Sean set up to watch him when he woke up, I took just the girls to the pool! I also put Jordyn in her floaty suit. It was a totally different experience, with the girls swimming and having a great time for a full two hours!

Don and Waneta came over Monday morning and Don went to work in the trees with Donald while Waneta told me, "I'll watch the kids...you go do something you need to do." So I went to Costco and did a major stock-up on groceries. I figure that if I don't have to run to the store for the next three weeks that will be a very helpful thing! When I got home we packed up the kids and went to McDonald's for lunch and some play time. The Littles had a great time and couldn't believe their good fortune!

Monday afternoon Don and Waneta moved hotels to a swankier place in Langley, which they'll most likely stay at when they come for Christmas. Last night Waneta and Dorothy met me at Kwantlen for Dylan's recital and Don Sr. came here to help "babysit," which meant that the guys played three games of cribbage while the kids entertained themselves : )

Then this morning they came back bright and early and the guys headed off to work in the trees, rain and all. We're so thankful for all their help!

3 comments:

****** said...

this all sounds wonderful! Can I come over?

Cathi said...

YES! There is always room for more Christmas angels!

Pat and Lee said...

Christmas angels, indeed! :)

We're so glad that they were able to be there and help during this very busy time!

Love you!