Saturday, February 12, 2011

Laundry room makeover

You know how we love to do renovations! It's been a long time since we've Don's had a project...according to my blog it was January 2010 when he painted and fixed up the upstairs bathroom.

So now we're starting the laundry room. Don woke up this morning feeling human (thank you, Lord) and he said we needed to make a list of projects around the house. I never let an opportunity like that go by so I suggested we start on the laundry room.

Here are a few "before" pics so you can be sufficiently impressed by the improvements Don is going to make using his fabulous handyman talents : )





So, on the list of project specifics, Don is going to paint the walls and ceiling, build some cabinets that will hold laundry baskets/hampers and provide a surface on which to fold clothes, and lay some new linoleum.

We did really well on our "scope-creep" problem. Normally, Don and I would go in and look at what needed doing in a room and before you know it we would decide to remove walls, install windows, add a second story, get a bigger television, etc. This time we actually decided to keep it super simple and inexpensive. Don wanted to raise the floor to be level with the hallway, but after seeing how many things (mainly: pipes and plumbing) it would affect, we decided to keep our laundry room "sunken."

I spend a lot of time in my laundry room, so I'm super happy that it's going to be more efficient and look nicer. Happy Valentine's Day to me!

1 comment:

Pat and Lee said...

Well, I'm super excited, too! I love the idea of a folding space in the laundry room, and can't wait to make use of it!