Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Patience's Tea Party


This might have been the cutest thing that happened in the history of my being a mom to daughters.

If Patience has a nap during the day, she's up late. Far later than I like to be up! But sometimes it's just impossible to keep her awake during the day, so I have to pay the consequences. I have to admit that she is very self-sufficient, so being up late with her is not difficult...it's just....late.

So this evening she was up late playing and I was on the internet when she came in the kitchen, grabbed my hand, and said, "c'mon, Mom." She lead me into her little play area where she had set up a tea part for four. Her guests, along with me, were Jessie and Woody from Toy Story. So we sat (I sat gingerly on her new little pink chair) while Patience poured me cup after cup of "tea," and then I switched to coffee so she could run back and forth to her kitchen where she has coffee maker with real brewing sounds.

It was very precious...a memory I'll have for a long time (especially now that I've blogged it). I love having daughters (thank you, Lord).

No comments: