Saturday, January 27, 2007

You Know You're Old When...


Your child is old enough to donate blood! Today Nathan took another step on the road to adulthood. He and I had back-to-back appointments to donate blood, but when we got there, I was told that I couldn't donate because my iron was too low. I was shocked! Not.

But Nathan's was perfect...his little blob of blood sank to the bottom of the vial with lightning speed so he continued on through their processes, interviews, questionnaires, etc. Of course he thought the juice and cookies were a great bonus.

I came home with a pamphlet listing iron-rich food which I'm supposed to start consuming regularly.

It's amazing how fast they're all growing up. Jordyn will be one in less than two weeks, and Nathan will be thinking of moving out in less than 18 months.

No comments: