Monday, May 21, 2007

Fort Langley Parade




This morning we spent about 4 hours at the longest parade I've ever seen. The Langley Flipper Swim Club walked in this parade...next year I'm thinking we should ride a float, even if it costs a lot of money. We got to Fort Langley about 9:40 and walked at least a mile to our marshalling spot. Did I tell you Patience was with me? So, she walked or I carried her that mile. She's very heavy. And she doesn't hang on too very good.


We then got to wait about 90 minutes with the swim club members and their parents, who slowly but eventually lost their good sense of humor about waiting for the parade to start. The very very very good news is that directly behind our group of walkers was the cutest parade float you ever saw...it was the Teddy Bear Picnic float and it was designed to hold a couple of small children on it...it even had seat belts! The grandma and grandpa who drove the float were fresh out of small children, so they asked if Patience wanted to ride on it during the parade. She did great, mostly smiling and waving at the people, but occasionally making "funny faces" which got lots of laughs.

The parade itself was about another 3 or 4 miles. I was beat at the end of it. I could barely walk because my hips hurt so bad. But the bad news was that when we got to the end of the parade, we had to walk another mile or so to get to our car! We were one very tired group of people by the end!

No comments: