Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Happy Birthday, Patience!







Good morning! Today is Patience's third birthday! Three years ago, I was still laying in that hospital bed, going through a labor that I'm SOOOOO grateful I had an epidural for. Miss Patience emerged with the umbilical cord not only wrapped around her little neck three times, but also with a knot in it. The stuff some very sad births are made of. What a miracle, and what a blessing she has been to our family.
So why, on Patience's birthday, am I posting so many pictures of Jordyn? Well, yesterday she had her first "professional" haircut. Bangs only, but she sat very still. Also yesterday, I left the girlies out in the yard alone for what, 3 minutes? Only to find Miss Jojo had managed to climb into the sand table! Now, I got the sand table instead of a sand box explicitly so I wouldn't have little girls sitting in the sand, getting sand in their diaper, etc. Blech! What do they say about the best-laid plans? I suppose I should just used to the girls foiling my plans...
I feel like I've been liberated! Nathan's ability to drive and chauffeur is every bit as wonderful as I had imagined it would be. I got home from the pool at 9:22 last night with Dylan, and, in the olden days, I would have dropped him off and then gone to pick up Sean and Nate from cadets. And then gotten to the base and waited around until they were finally dismissed. And then not gotten home until 10. Last night, I got home, took out my contacts, caught up on some email, put Patience to bed, and was relaxing in my jammies when the van pulled in. Ahhhhhh. The sweet smell of independence (mine and Nathan's).
It's a beautiful day here, and we're expecting good weather for the forseable future. I've been hanging clothes out to dry on my new clothesline (thanks, Don Sr!), taking walks with the girls in the stroller, and trying to remember my sunscreen each day.
More later....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Patience!!

And congratulations again, Cathi, on your liberation from your driving duties - something that Nate doesn't consider a chore at all, I suspect!

And how nice of Jordyn to sit very still when she gets her hair cut!

Have a great day!!
Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Patience!!!

Oh, and congrats to Nathan (& you!) as well!