Saturday, October 18, 2008

Babymoon is over...

After 3 blissful weeks of being pampered and helped along, I am now flying solo and facing my new reality: three kids 4 and under. Mom and Lee left this morning and we all miss them already. They've been here since the day Nick was born and the closest I can come to describe how helpful they've been is to say that I've had the pleasure of having a wife and a chauffeur!
So the past three weeks have been really easy for me. I'd say I'm completely healed from my c-section, except that the actual incision is still a little tender.
Mr. Nick is still an amazing baby. He has had fussy evenings for the past three nights, so I guess that is technically a pattern. But ofther than that, he is calm and content. We are all in love : )
I promised mom that I would be more prolific about posting blog entries, so that she can see Nick's daily growth and change. I know she misses him already.
Thank you, Mom and Lee, for this wonderful three weeks. It's been the best gift we ever received. We love you...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so blessed to have your parents with you to help.
]
]Glad to hear Nick is doing so well!

Pat and Lee said...

Hi, Honey!
Yes, we do miss him already, and the rest of you, as well! We find ourselves talking about Patience and Jordyn a lot, and being drawn to things they would enjoy.
It was our pleasure to be there for this special time, and I'm so glad that Nick's arrival was after my retirement, so that we had the luxury of that time. It was fun to literally watch him grow, and to enjoy the days with the girls and boys, too. We're looking forward to seeing you in two weeks, and I know that Nick will have grown! Hopefully last night was not a fussy night for him.
We love you all, lots and lots!
Mom/Lee