Sunday, October 12, 2008

Nathan News!

Nathan called last night for his "5-minute business-only phone call." He sounded tired, like he hadn't had a good night's sleep for 5 weeks! I'm so thankful that I was here to get the call. Imagine what a let down it would have been for Nathan to get the answering machine after waiting 5 weeks to make a call.

He told us amazing news: he is stationed in Seattle! I couldn't believe it, but I'm so happy to know he'll be close. After this past 5 weeks without him, I realized that I'm really not ready to have him far away. Even thought he'll probably be out at sea on a cutter for up to 3 months, the fact that he's only a couple hours away by car seems very comforting. He's very happy, too.

He will definitely graduate on Oct. 31, barring getting "reverted" for disciplinary reasons. He passed his physical and classroom tests and he says he's doing great and it's not as hard as he thought it would be. I asked him how he was doing on a scale of 1 to 10 and he said, "about a 13 or 14."

He might get off-base leave granted next weekend, so he'll be able to call and talk as long as he wants (or until his phone card runs out). We're expecting a call on Saturday.

He also asked us to please contine to write, because getting mail is definitely the highlight of his day/week/life right now. If you're inclined to write, here is his address.

No comments: