Saturday, March 28, 2009

Great news and yucky news...

That's what I called my mom with this morning. She wanted the yucky news first. The bad news is that it looks like I won't be able to take advantage of Alaska Airlines' fabulous web specials from Bellingham into the Bay Area sometime in the next three months. The fares are amazing ($69 each way) but the only flights that are available for this rock-bottom price are the ones that leave at 7 a.m. or earlier, or with 4-hour layovers in Seattle or Portland. Fair enough...why should they give away the good stuff? But since I'd be traveling with Nick, I'm afraid that I'll just have to take a pass this time around. I was looking forward to visiting the Bay Area and all my favorite people there (Dad, Edith, Heather & family), but maybe THEY will take advantage of the great airfares and come and see ME for a weekend! Now, there's a good idea!

The good great news: as of this morning I am down 20 pounds from my starting weight on January 5. I told my mom that I am so happy that absolutely no news could get me down today. Upon hearing this, Dylan turned to me and said, "Mom, my girlfriend is pregnant." Don chimed in, "Mine is too." Since I know that neither of them have girlfriends, I found this very funny. The timing was hysterical, but you might have had to be there...

Other icky news: Hailey is sick, so I can't take all my little children down to visit Valarie today. Wah! That was going to be our outing of the week, and our chance to get out and do something while Don and Dylan are back down at Radnai's, pruning the trees.

Nick is napping, so I think I'll be a House Fairy and fly around straightening up, decluttering, etc.

2 comments:

****** said...

Loved the boys timing! That would be quite yucky news - might even cause you to gain 25 pounds right back!! I'm right behind ya sister, 3 to go and I'll be at 20 too. Miss you and still planning on the last weekend in June.

Cathi said...

Woohoo Heather! Are we amazing, or what?!
I can almost feel the ocean spray and smell the burritos cooking!