Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Nick's 6-month check up

I took Nick to visit Dr. Morgan this afternoon while the girls were in school. Today is his 6-month birthday, and he got all checked out to make sure he's on target. He is smaller than average (16 pounds even, and almost 26 inches in length). Just under the 50th for height and weight! I was surprised about that because he seems so big to me.
Dr. Morgan asked if he was sitting unattended. Hmmm...no. He tripods, but falls over quickly because he doesn't use his stomach muscles to hold himself up. But in his defense, he is rarely (or never) out of some contraption like his jolly jumper or an infant seat or out of someone's arms. I'm worried for his safety around the girls. I guess it's something that we can be working on in the evenings after the girls go to bed.
Dr. Morgan also wasn't concerned that Nick refuses spoon food and formula, but he did encourage me to "keep trying!" All in all, Nick is perfectly healthy (and beautiful, according to the nurse) and won't have another well baby checkup until 12 months.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Wow, 6 mths already?? Time sure flies!! Happy half birthday, Nicholas!