Monday, April 19, 2010

The calm after the storm

Today I'm back into my routine after a week of first anticipating Nathan's arrival and then enjoying his presence.

I drove Nathan to the Bellingham airport Sunday morning after a wonderful three days here. We left the house at 7:45 to be at the border by 8 because he had to be at the airport by 8:45. We got to the border to find a huge lineup. I thought that he would definitely be missing the Airporter Shuttle and that I would end up driving him to Seattle, which would be very disappointing to my sister since she was looking forward to me helping her pack. But lo and behold, when they opened the border (5 minutes late :P) they opened FOUR lanes and we were through the border in 10 minutes. We were at the airport by 8:35 and Nathan got all loaded onto his bus. He made all his flights and got home to Cordova at 7:00 Alaska time.

I went from the airport straight to Val and Dave's to help her do some packing for her impending move. We drove over to their new place and it is very cute! I think it'll work out just fine for them once the owners finish the landscaping and fencing. The house is nearly the same size with the exception of the living room. The new living room is much smaller than their old one. Just about everything in the house has been redone, including new tile floors, new paint throughout, it's just really nice. I have no doubt that Val will have it cute and cozy in no time.

They're planning on moving next weekend and Don and I will be helping them. Dylan and Haley are going to watch the Littles so we can both go.

I came home yesterday afternoon to find that while I was gone Patience learned to ride her two-wheeler without training wheels! Don said she asked him to take the training wheels off, so he did, and she immediately started riding around...no running behind her holding up the bike necessary!

Today Patience went back to school, Jordyn went to a playdate with her best friend, and then I had my daycare kids from after school until soccer time.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Val said...

Thanks again for all your help and inspiration on sunday! We are definitely NOT looking forward to moving but it is so nice to have willing, helping hands be there for the day.