Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dave's birthday dinner

Last night Don and I left the Littles with Dylan and Haley (thanks, kids!) and drove down to Everson where we met Val and Dave for Dinner at the Black Forest. I can't believe what wonderful food they serve there...Valarie said everything is so good because it's all cooked in bacon and butter. So it's definitely "celebration" food as opposed to "every day" food!

Don and Dave each had steaks, and Val and I each had schnitzels. We were all too stuffed for dessert!

Dylan and Haley took the kids to McDonald's for dinner and playing, so it was win-win for everyone involved. When they came home they bathed all three kids and had them asleep in their beds by the time we got home at 8:20!

4 comments:

Val said...

Dinner was fantastic! Thank you again :) You forgot to mention how cute you and I looked and how lucky the guys were to have us....

Pat and Lee said...

What fun! I wish that we could have wiggled our noses and joined you!

I hope that someone took pictures?

Happy birthday, Dave!

Love you!

Mom

Cathi said...

Val, I guess I just didn't feel like I had to state the obvious! : )
Mom, sorry, but Val did not take any pictures! Can you believe it? It's just like her to shirk her responsibilities :P

****** said...

that sounds so good! love German food - did they have Spatzel?