Thursday, April 15, 2010

Guess who is here?

Yesterday afternoon Naylene and I drove south across the border (no lineup!), had an Edaleen ice cream, and then shopped at Bellis Fair in Bellingham for a couple of hours. Then, we drove south to Seattle to pick up Nathan! Hurray!

Nathan was in class in Yorktown until 2:15 and managed to catch a 4:20 flight out of Norfolk, which is a 45-minute drive away. He had reserved a taxi, so that was waiting for him when class was over, which helped him make it in time.

I got a cheery, automated message from Delta yesterday morning saying that the flight had been cancelled, but when I went on to their website to see what was going on, I found that they had just changed the flight number...everything else was the same! So I was allowed to "accept a new itinerary" and then we were back to just hoping and praying that Nathan could get to the airport on time.

His flight came in at 9:40 p.m. and after getting his luggage and stopping for a bite to eat, we couldn't make the Aldergrove border crossing and had to go around to Sumas. We didn't get home until 1:30 so we're all a little bleary-eyed this morning.

Nathan and Naylene have pretty much every minute scheduled for the next three days. Their goal is to be sick of each other by Saturday night so that Nathan's Sunday morning departure isn't quite so painful. We'll see how that goes...

On a very bright note, I have to say that Nathan has scored a perfect 10 with this lovely young lady. The more time I spend with her the more I see that she and Nathan are so compatible and they are destined to have a ton of fun together. I just love how both Nathan and Dylan waited for gems : )

I'll post more as events unfold...

1 comment:

Pat and Lee said...

Yay! It's going to be a quick but fabulous weekend for Nathan, before he has to get back to reality! At least spring must be coming to Cordova!

Love you!

Mom