Friday, April 23, 2010

International student home visit

Don and I are in the process of trying to be host parents to one or more international students over the summer and next school year. Today someone from the school district came out and checked out our home, met the family members, and generally got an ideal of what kind of home we could offer. She said she was sure we'd get a student, just wasn't sure if it would be a summer school student, a short-term student, or a long-term one. I told her we'd prefer long-term but that we would take anyone : )

The nice thing about having this visit on a Friday afternoon is that my house is starting off the weekend very clean!

I'll post more news as it unfolds.

2 comments:

****** said...

You are insane my friend. I couldn't possibly hope to keep up with you and I only have two kids!

Lucille said...

you will be a GREAT host family !!! trust me !!! the best in Canada for sure !