Sunday, April 27, 2008

I'm gonna be a part of it...

New York, New York!

Dylan left this morning at 7 for his first professional music tour of New York.


Last night he asked me, "If a talent scout finds me and offers me 2 million a year to stay and play in New York, should I accept the offer?" To which I replied, "Absolutely! With your first paycheck you can buy us plane tickets to come out and visit you!" Dylan, as you can tell, is not lacking in the self confidence department. I hope he's not too disappointed if he comes back contractless...


I just found out (Dylan claims I once knew this...but I chose to forget it) that Dylan comes home Saturday morning at 3:00 a.m. Yes, that's 3:00 in the morning. I mean, in the middle of the night. We need only to pick him up at Poppy, which is light years better than Vancouver International airport, but still! I'm thinking of paying Nathan $20 to provide the chauffeur service : )


Don and Waneta are here again this weekend. Don & Don are installing fencing in the back yard. We did another ton of yard work yesterday. Don, Dylan, and Nathan worked in the trees at Radnai's yesterday morning (Don was ecstatic with the amount of work they completed in 5 short hours), and then we all worked another 4 hours on our own yard. I made a potato bed and planted about 40 seed potatoes. My other seeds are starting to germinate. It's fun to go out and see the daily progress. Yesterday I saw the beets and the peas are starting to sprout.


Not much is happening this week. At least not much is scheduled to happen! I'm trying to locate a very small flock of layers, like 4. I think I finally have Don all talked into it.


Take care! Have a wonderful week...

No comments: