Monday, June 30, 2008

And then there were four...

I dropped Nathan off at the Radmore's last night around 7:00. There were three cadets leaving for camp this morning, so they decided to make a slumber party out of it. Besides the three leaving, there were supporting cadets there so there was a houseful! It was someone's birthday, so they were having a cake, etc. So it looks like Nathan's summer fun has already begun.

So now we have the two girls and Dylan. And Dylan has his job across the street on many days, so we get to be a small family. It's kinda nice....like respite. Less cooking, less laundry, less dishes, etc. I'm not saying I'm glad they're gone, I'm just saying I'm going to enjoy all the derived benefits to the fullest. Otherwise that would be wasteful. You know me and waste : )

Nathan took 2 huge bags to Quadra. One was clothes and shoes/boots. The other was fun stuff. This included a DVD player with a couple dozen movies, a Nintendo DS with a couple dozen games, his new digital camera (a gift from Don and me), my cell phone (so he can call home for free), all the cables and chargers for the aforementioned electronics, books, magazines, and so much more. He's all set up to have a phenomenal summer.

No comments: