Monday, June 23, 2008

Work Weekend (again...)

I don't know how we were ever involved in summer swim club. We've been so busy these past two months that I can't imagine being gone every weekend. How did we get it all done? It must have been insane...good thing I don't have a good recollection of it!

This weekend we did more home and yard improvement projects. On Saturday Don finished the fencing, so now the dog and children are actually contained in our little piece of earth. We have to rent the sprayer and paint it some upcoming weekend, but at least it's in the ground.
Yesterday Don decided to go out and take a look at the vinyl siding project on the suite-end of the house. Remember the wall that used to be windows, that Don turned into a bump-out for our new t.v. to live in? Well, the outside of the house was still just black tar paper. Our neighbor, a vinyl siding installer, was invited to come over and fix the siding, but he hasn't come over in the past two months. So, Don just went out to see how hard it could be. It turns out it wasn't hard, it just took him every bit of 8 hours to do it. But now it's complete and looks professional, in my humble opinion!


I'm so lucky to have a handy husband! Between the siding, the fencing, and Don fixing his Toyota driver-side door lock (which Jordyn jammed a couple of months ago), I think Don saved us probably close to $1,000 this weekend.


Here is the complete fence. The gazebo will be given a fresh coat of paint along with the fence. And you can see how we've put the trampoline on top of a bed of bark mulch. And you can see my continued fight with getting our grass to grow back there. So far I think I've spread about 5 times the amount of seed that I'm supposed to. We're supposed to have some nice weather this week. That, combined with regular sprinking, should help.

No comments: