Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My countdown...

My sister, Valarie, has difficulty thinking or planning any event if there is another event preceding it. One thing at a time, in order, is how she handles things. Which is unfortunate if she has, say, back-to-back events, because the first one will get all her attention and the second one will be be planned for, oh, a day or two. But she always seems to pull things off beautifully, so I thought I'd take a page out of her book and write my own timeline. Then I'll focus on one thing at a time until the end of September...

Thursday, June 26: Sean leaves for family reunion with grandparents
Monday, June 30: Nathan leaves for 8-week summer camp job
Saturday, July 5: Sean leaves for 3-week summer camp course
Friday, July 25: Sean graduates; we'll all spend the weekend on Vancouver Island (except Dylan with a job)
August 22: Nathan returns from summer camp job
August 24: Nathan's Launch Party
September 2: School opens for Dylan and Sean
September 5: Nathan leaves for bootcamp
September 29: Have baby

There! My next 3 months in bite-size increments! But, according to Val, all I really have to think about is getting Sean packed and off to Merrit! That's not so bad...

2 comments:

Pat and Lee said...

Perfect! And now I have a timeline, too :)

It does seem less daunting that way....

Love you!
Mom

Val said...

It's not a perfect system...however it seems to work most of the time. :)