Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nathan Called!

Just a few minutes ago I received a call from Nathan! I have been reading the Cape May website and it says in several places, "No news is good news. Recruits are allowed to call home only to deliver bad news." So I immediately asked him, "Why are you calling?!"

It turns out he needed some banking information sent to him. I told him no one had received any mail from him so we didn't have his mail address. He said he's written 3 letters but neither us nor my mom has received any mail from him : (

He was able to give me his mailing address:

SR Murphy
Recruit Company Kilo 180
James Hall
USCG Training Center
1 Munro Avenue
Cape May, NJ
08204-5083

I asked if he could say hi to his dad and he said, "No. This call is strictly business."

I asked how he was doing, and he said, "I'm doing really, really good, but I need lots of mail."

He didn't sound good. He sounded on the verge of tears through the entire conversation. If you can find the time to drop him an encouraging line I know he would be very appreciative (me too).

2 comments:

Val said...

Poor Nathan! I know eventually he will look back on this time and be able to find some humor in it. Of course we will send him a line to let him know we are thinking of him....

****** said...

Wow, how exciting and HARD. It would be so hard not to swoop. But of course how could you anyways? Glad to hear, in other news, everything is going so well. Your daughters look like they are ready for the pageant circuit! Miss Canada here they come! We are all well. Love you. Heather