Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Monthly menu

I like to plan my menu for dinners. I usually do it week by week, based on what's on hand, what's on sale, etc. But today I made a menu for a 31-day month. On the first of each month, we'll always have crepes : ), on the 31st it'll always be fish & chips, etc. I didn't use 31 unique meals, because I couldn't think of that many, and there are some that I want to use on a weekly basis, such as stir-fry. It's easy, inexpensive, healthy, and great left over, so that happens each week. As does vegetable soup. I also tried to have "plan-overs," such as a big roast dinner followed by Shephard's pie, beef and bean burritos followed by taco salad, etc. This menu should work well for about 9 months out of the year (the cool or cold months). For summer, I'll substitute barbeques for roasts and salads for the soup.

1 comment:

****** said...

So where is it???!!!! love to everybody!