Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Jordyn's New Do

If I survive Jordyn's toddlerhood I will be so thankful. She requires constant hypervigilance.

Just this morning I was upstairs nursing Nick in the rocking chair, thinking how peaceful everything was and just plain enjoying the morning. He fell asleep while nursing, so I went and layed him down in his crib and then went downstairs to check on the girls.

Well.
I came into the hallway just in time to see Jordyn exiting her room with a guilty look on her face. Crap. I asked her what she did and she shows me a hand full of hair. I mean a lot of hair. Not that she has so much to begin with! While I was upstairs revelling in the peace, she was in her bed, under her comforter with my haircutting scissors.

She is not a good hair stylist. Mind you, she might have done better if she hadn't been lying down under her comforter while she cut her hair.

So, all the peaceful feelings gone, I fixed her hair as best I could, gave her a quick rinse in the tub, and then started laundering her bedding to get all those little hairs out. And this is how she looks now:

I thought that Don might have been a little upset to see his daughter looking like a son, but he said that he thought it looked cute on her!


I really wish she had kept her ears pierced... earrings would have really helped make her look more feminine. By the way, who do you think she looks like now?

3 comments:

Val said...

Oh NO! Silly Giirl! What are you going to do with her? She is a carbon copy of Dylan, I think, you know when he was younger...

Nathan said...

i think that Jordyn in a natural hair stylist and has a very promising career in her life already. Thats only if hockey doesnt work out of course

Cathi said...

Nathan, since you admire her talents, we'll let her cut YOUR hair the next time you're home!