Monday, April 06, 2009

Shopping!

On Saturday afternoon my wonderful sister and I met at the mall so I could buy some new improved summer clothes. I used the winnings from my "Biggest Loser" contest (almost $200) to buy them, so I didn't feel one iota of guilt! That's the best kind of shopping...

We went to Old Navy and I bought 3 pairs of shorts, all walking shorts or longer, in brown, black, and khaki. I also got several new shirts...none of them t-shirts (aren't you proud of me?) and a tan light-weight jacket that'll go nicely with everything. It was so much fun. Except for Nick. He hated the experience. As soon as I strolled him into the mall he started crying! Poor Valarie wrangled an unhappy baby while I tried on a gazillion pieces of clothing.

After all my money was gone, we headed over to WalMart where we helped the Easter bunny buy some fun things for the kids' baskets. I'll post photos after Easter so you can see what they got, but suffice it to say that the girls will be so excited. On Easter morning we will be going to church and then we'll go straight to Val's for an Easter egg hunt and dinner; so the Easter bunny will not be visiting our house in Aldergrove. I hope the girls understand.

Lindsay and Madi met us at WalMart so we had a blast choosing fun things for the baskets, choosing a cute Easter dress for Madi, and then having a bite to eat at McDonalds. Their Southwestern salad is quite good!

1 comment:

Pat and Lee said...

Can't wait to see your new wardrobe! Post pictures, ok? And you didn't say, but did you introduce some color with your tops?

Congratulations again!

Love you!

Mom