Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Jordyn's Owie

This afternoon I picked up the girls from preschool. I opened the passenger-side door so the girls could get in their carseats, and then went around to the other side so I could get Nick in his. I was buckling him in, and looked up just in time to see Jordyn topple out of her seat, bounce off the van floor, out onto the gravel parking lot. : (
Of course she started crying immediately. I ran and picked her up and there was blood everywhere. I am fortunate enough that a very nice mommy ran over to help. She let me use her cell phone (I had mine but the battery was dead) to call the doctor's office. The very nice lady there told me to bring her right in...someone would see her a.s.a.p.
I met the boys at their bus stop, thankfully neither had music after school today, brought them home and left Patience and Nick with them. And off to the doctor's we went!
Dr. Morgan cleaned up the incision, gave her a numbing shot (much screaming), gave her a stitch (less screaming), and then gave her a sticker and a ring from the treasure box (smiles!).
Here she is:

4 comments:

****** said...

Head trauma is always the scariest - cause it's the bloodiest huh? Kisses to Jordyn. Hugs for you!

Pat and Lee said...

poor, poor Jordyn! I'm SO sorry that happened! It was fun to talk to her, and I'm glad that she's going to be more careful getting in her car seat. I love the first picture - tell her not to play poker! :)

Love you!

Mom

Nathan said...

Well that is a very sad story. I feel so sorry for her but am glad to hear that she is got and healthy. Considering all the close calls that she has had throughout her life it was only a matter of time before something like this happened though.

Val said...

Poor Jordyn! :(