Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Happy birthday to me!

Yesterday I had the pleasure of turning 43! Fortunately, Don follows suit in just a couple short weeks so I won't be lonely here...

Our morning was fairly routine, with Don working offsite and me cleaning bathrooms and such. On his way home, Don picked up Dylan from school (he had 2 spares) and brought him home to watch Nick. We took the girls to preschool and then went out to lunch at this new fantastic restaurant in Langley. Coza, along with the nail place, will be a must-do for our out-of-town guests. It was really nice to have a meal without children.

We came home and while Don worked in his office, I took Dylan (and my boyfriend) to get a haircut. I'll have to post pics of Dylan's new fauxhawk...

I dropped Dylan off at school for choir and picked up Sean and took him for a haircut. Then I finished dinner and we ate a lovely meal of steaks from the crock pot, steamed veggies, perogies, and garlic bread. The fruit flan that you see here was dessert and boy was it good!

The evening finished off with Sean going to cadets and Dylan taking his 2nd driving lesson.

All in all it was a great day with many happy birthday phone calls, messages, and cards which I truly appreciate. So far, 43 is looking pretty grand.

3 comments:

****** said...

Happy belated birthday my dear friend. So sorry I forgot. It will shortly be my turn to be 43, but not before Frank turns 50. So, I can never feel bad about how old I'm getting - at least not to him, he just tells me to get over it.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday !!! Ya look like a teenager :)

Pat and Lee said...

Sounds like you had a great day! The restaurant looks fantastic, too! :)

I think that 43 will be a fabulous year for you and Don!
Love,
Mom