Saturday, May 02, 2009

Restaurant-style taco salad

The best part about taco salads that you order in a restaurant is, in my opinion, the wonderful edible taco shell bowl. Last night I was making taco salad for dinner, and decided to do something a little more special as Lucille would be here. So, I took my normal flour tortilla recipe and made bowls out of them! It took a while, but it was easy enough and it definitely added to the festivity of the meal.

Step 1: drape the uncooked tortilla over an overturned oven-safe bowl.


Step 2: bake at 375 for 10 minutes on a cookie sheet. I realized halfway through that I could cook 2 at a time, thereby reducing my time commitment considerably.
Take the tortilla "bowl" off the outside of the bowl and move it to the inside. Bake an additional 5 minutes. Let cool inside the bowl to retain shape.

Step 4: Serve your favorite taco salad to adorable girls. This step is optional.
Step 5: Serve "taco salad in a bowl" to your favorite French girl and your favorite husband. This step is also optional.
Bon Appetit!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Yum! I LOVE taco salad!

Lucille! said...

it was delicious !!!i can't wait to cook it for my family back home it's gonna be a success ! i know how to make tortilla now , thank chef Cathi!