Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Ice skating lesson #2

Jordyn waiting for class to start.

Waving as she "skates" by...

"Hi Mom! See, I'm smiling!"  And in the background is Patience's group...I think she's the one hanging onto the wall : )

Patience and Jordyn started their ice skating lessons yesterday, but I forgot my camera so we didn't get pictures and therefore there was no blog post (sorry, Nathan). It was just as well...both girls spent so much time horizontal on the ice, Patience flailing about before landing hard, Jordyn eventually just deciding to not get up, as she was tired of falling. And I was so thankful for those helmets!

But today was a different story altogether! Both girls were upright more than horizontal, Jordyn getting right back up after falling, and smiling and waving to me several times during her lesson. Phew. It looks like we will have skaters after all!

5 comments:

Nathan said...

I am very happy to be reading the blog post of ice skating lessons. I am not even THAT upset about not having pictures to look at although I am really excited to see them. I am rather relieved that they have been making some progress after a mere 2 lessons and hope that they continue to have fun and make friends. What is the instructor/student ratio? Do the girls like their instructors?

Pat and Lee said...

Congratulations, Patience and Jordyn! Soon you will be skating like pros!

Love you!

Grandma and Grandpa

Anonymous said...

Dear Cathi,

Hello! This is Fuko.
I have arrived at Japan now!
Already I miss you...
Saori and I have spent wonderful time at your home with your family.
Someday, I will visit to you again!
Say hello to Donald, Dylan, Sean, Patience, Jordyn, Nick, and Haley.

Thank you very very much!!

Nathan said...

Thank you for the pictures, I am glad to see that Jordyn at least is having fun on the ice. I cant wait to hear about their improvement over the course of the next 4 or so weeks.

Haley said...

How cute! What fun! Hope they're having a great time!