Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Rockin' the ice rink



Today was the girls' fourth lesson.
Man, oh man. Nathan wanted to be able to skate with his sisters when he came home for Christmas. Well, that's one Christmas wish that's going to come true! Not only will they be skating with him, but they'll be skating around him, frontwards and backwards! A woman at the rink today noted that Jordyn was at the top of her class. Mind you, Jordyn's taking lessons twice/week instead of only once, but she can definitely do everything her instructor wants. Today she even had Jordyn holding the hand of a littler boy who needed help! It was really cute.

Today Dylan met me at the rink (his school is literally across the street from the rink) and took Nick and my van and got some gas for me. It was so nice to not have to chase take care of him at the rink and be able to watch the lesson and visit with other moms. Sean babysat yesterday so this was a good week. Dylan had to bring him to me about 10 minutes before the lesson was over so I found the candy dispensers, bought a quarter's worth of m&m's and then doled them out slowly as long as he was sitting by me. That got me just to the end of class.  But this is so worth the effort. It's hard to be Canadian and not know how to skate.The girls will use these skills all their life, even if they don't play in the NHL. What a generous big brother they have to make sure they're able to skate!

3 comments:

Pat and Lee said...

Well, how cool is THAT!! Can't wait till Blogger will let you upload photos! Lee hasn't had any issues uploading photos lately, but I think that Val has. How annoying!
Can't wait to see the girls in action on the rink!

Love you!

Nathan said...

I cant believe how beautiful the girls have become since I left them. The picture of them together is to die for, Jordyn looks great in it. As for the progress that they have been making I am really happy to hear that they are at the top of their classes. I makes me happy to see them happy and enjoying themselves.

Haley said...

That's ausome! Great pics!