Thursday, November 04, 2010

Murphy's School for Boys

is now open for girls!
That's right...Patience is now being homeschooled! We're going to teach her reading, writing, and arithmetic here at home and then send her back to North Otter in Grade 2 when Jordyn starts kindergarten and Nick starts (gasp) preschool (Good luck, Miss Tammy and Miss Tracy!).

This morning at breakfast Dylan asked me what was on the agenda for school today and I told him that since the sun was shining (thank you, dear Lord) we were going to rake leaves! Then I told Patience she should be thankful that we didn't have a Walnut tree. That got a smile out of Dylan and I'm pretty sure Nathan will smile, too, when he reads that.

We did "school" during Nick's naptime, and Jordyn joined us at the table with her own workbooks. I'm pretty sure that at this rate she'll be reading before she gets to kindergarten, she's like a sponge and can frequently answer the questions I'm asking Patience.

3 comments:

Pat and Lee said...

Wow!! That's HUGE! Now, the question is: Why?

Love you!

Mom

Nathan said...

That is a beautiful picture of Patience, and yes the reminder of the walnut tree brought a smile to my face. Although I think that the girls would LOVE to clean up a walnut tree. Is it just me or is Patience left handed? I think that this will help out both Jordyn and Patience a lot and wouldnt be surprised to hear that you decide to homeschool them longer then 1 year.

Haley said...

Patience looks so grown up in that picture! It souns like you guys are all having fun!