Saturday, July 12, 2008

More and more like Little House on the Prairie!

Yesterday morning Don had a business breakfast meeting. He said after that he had to drive to Chilliwack (about an hour east of us) and did the girls and I want to go? I got all excited at the thought of going "bye-bye" and spent the morning getting the girls and me ready for our huge adventure. The girls admittedly turned out much cuter than I did:


These are the cute Easter outfits that my mom got the girls that the weather is just now (in July) warm enough to wear.

So they all matched, right down to their hairstyle and shoes!

It reminded me so much of how Ma got Mary and Laura ready for their big adventure of driving into town with Pa and getting to see a store for the first time ever.

Patience and I went to the commercial grocery store where I like to go at Christmas time and Don and Jordyn went and picked up the lawn mower that had been repaired.

When we got home Don had to work (imagine!), the girls napped or rested, depending on which girl you're talking about, and I made a potato salad to go with the smokies for dinner.

When Don was done, we started setting up the girls' pool for the 3rd time. We realized we needed to make a permanent location for this pool, use the filter, add chemicals, etc. instead of refilling it every week. Did I mention it holds 600 gallons of water? So last night Don removed some sod from a circle in the backyard (we deliberated forever on where to put it based on sun, shade, tree proximity, power proximity, etc.). Today we're putting sand down to make it really, really level and we'll hopefully get to fill it. We're expecting another heat wave (sorry Heather, I mean high 70's) so the water should warm quickly.

We barbequed hotdogs and smokies for dinner. Jordyn does the funniest thing with her hotdog. She'll hold the bun, but will only bite the hotdog...so she's using her bun as a hot dog holder. When her hotdog is gone, she has the entire bun left and wants a refill.

Last night was a perfect evening for a campfire. Don roasted us marshmallows and we put them between two chocolate cookies...our neater and tidier version of smores. Then it was bathtime for two sticky, dirty girlies!

1 comment:

****** said...

We go on vacation for 70 degree weather. We told Frank's cousin that we were going to the coast today and he said, "oh good, I hope it is socked in with fog!" So do I. That is heaven.