Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 winds down...

Two days left, and then we're officially in 2010. Wow. It used to seem so far away when Vancouver was bidding for the olympics...I think it was 4 or 5 years ago. And now it is here! Don and I are surprised that none of our US friends/family have called us about visiting during the olympics : ) We were pretty sure we'd be a hot commodity...

This morning Jordyn and I took Mom and Lee down to the Bellingham airport, via the Barnes & Noble/Starbucks to have one last quick visit with Valarie and Hailey before they left. Sean stayed here and took care of Patience and Nicholas.

We have had a week of beautiful weather...sunny and cold! But today we woke up to rain : (

Don is working hard again after a brief break for Christmas and Boxing Day. But tonight we're going for dinner and games at Steve and Lois' so we're really looking forward to it. They wanted to get together in the middle of December, but that was obviously not possible given everything that was happening them.

After having my parents here for 5 days I feel like I'm all caught up, organized, and ready for the new year. It's so nice having Mom here...she cooks, cleans, and minds children, freeing me up to do things like organize my office area : ). And Lee helps Don with his computer work so it's an extra blessing having them here.

Looking back, I think that 2009 was a really good year for us. And I'm hopeful that 2010 will be full of good times and blessings as well.

Cheers,
Cathi

No comments: