Thursday, December 03, 2009

Meet Harley

Here is how insane we are: we woke up this morning with no intention of buying a puppy, but we now have this adorable female Bernaise Mountain Dog! A family walked in to buy a Christmas tree with their last puppy from their litter of 10. Don and I were smitten pretty much immediately and we decided that it was divine intervention that brought that family in with a puppy to sell. : )

The Bernaise Mountain Dog, although one of the largest dogs you can get, make excellent family pets. They are gentle and prefer to be outisde (yeah!) and she'll make a good "security" dog just in case we ever get to the point where Storm can't do that job anymore.

Just to make sure I wasn't being rash, I called my sister to get her canine advice. She recommended that we get her : )

2 comments:

Val said...

She is adorable! And your right, I totally approve of the name! Good job!!

Nathan said...

Its posts like these that make me miss home soooo much. A new puppy! Christmas come early for Storm. I am really glad that he has a new friend, maybe Harley will bring some energy into Storms life. Storm can teach Harley how to be a good watch dog and the ways of the Murphy house hold. All of the kids look like they love the new dog, I know for a fact that Harley is going to enjoy life with on the Christmas Tree farm.