Tuesday, December 15, 2009

And our week in preview...

This is the last week before school lets out for Christmas (unbelievable) so our schedule is especially busy with school activities. Yesterday, Monday, when I dropped Avery off at the elementary school I drove by Sean's school to pick him up. Dylan had to stay after for Jazz Band. We ran some errands to the bank, the insurance place, and the Co-op, where I had to pick up "a few things" but somehow ended up spending $100. That's easy at Co-op : ).

We ran home just in time to meet Dylan and do the "hand off." He watched the Littles while I took Sean to his orthodontist appointment. Don called me at the orthodontist and asked us to meet him on our way home. He had to bring the baler home and since it had no lights and it was dark outside, he needed someone to follow him with flashers. By the time we met up with him it was snowing hard and we saw the results of a serious accident on Fraser Highway, closing the road to eastbound traffic. We crawled along, trying to avoid being the second accident that evening.

When we got home Don and Sean baled trees for an hour and a half. In the freezing snow. But the trees were getting picked up this a.m., so that was the only time to do it. Don didn't get in for the day until nearly 8 p.m., and he had been up since early. I'm not sure I know anyone who is willing to work harder than Don is...

Sean was supposed to have his annual Christmas cadet mess last night but opted out of it because the orthodontist appointment resulted in some very sore teeth : (

Nick had the worst night of his short life last night. He was up, crying, between 11 and 4. I'm pretty sure his second lower tooth is coming in. As a result, he was feverish, had several bouts of diarreah, and, of course, was in a lot of pain. I gave him tylenol, but it didn't really seem to give him much relief : ( He slept well from 4-7, and then was ready for a nap at 10. So were Don and I, but that obviously isn't going to happen.

Patience had her first field trip today: the kindergarten class went to the Langley Centennial Museum where they learned all about how pioneers lived without electric-city (Patience's pronunciation). Don took her and she was very excited to have Daddy along.

Tonight is Patience's Christmas concert at school. Thankfully, the kindergarteners perform first, and then they file out and go the kindergarten room for the rest of the concert. Dylan is babysitting Jordyn and Nick tonight.

Tomorrow Dylan and Haley will go to Poppy's homecoming dance. He will look stunning in his $12 tie and black tuxedo that is turning out to be the best investment we've ever made : ) I will get pictures, somehow, and post them on my blog so you can see how well Dylan and Haley clean up!

Thursday Patience has another field trip... to the ice skating rink! And during the same time Jordyn has her preschool Christmas party/concert. That will be interesting : )

Thursday evening Dylan has a band/choir concert. Sean will babysit that night. And Patience said she would like to go. Since this is really her last opportunity to see Dylan and Haley perform I think we're going to take her. She has agreed to sit and be still and quiet. I'm hoping I don't regret my decision. I'll take some coloring books and crayons just in case.

And Friday is Patience's Christmas party! I'm really hoping Mr. Nicholas sleeps better for the rest of the week...

I will post pictures as the events transpire (hopefully).

Love,
Cathi

2 comments:

Pat and Lee said...

Good grief! You need a social director! And it's a good thing that Dylan drives, huh?
We're looking forward to pictures of all of the festivities!
I hope that poor Nick does better tonight, you guys could use the sleep, I'm sure!

Love you!

Val said...

I'm tired just listening to everything you have to do! Sheesh..I feel a little silly now complaining about the couple of things I have to do sometime before Sunday. At least your "bigs" can help out with your "littles".