Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ice Skates from Nathan!

Nathan, as you might know, is a hockey fan. He has visions of his young siblings (especially Nick) growing up playing hockey, eventually dominating the NHL. The first step in realizing his dream is getting the kids out on the ice. So Nathan, being the very generous big brother that he is, purchased the girls ice skates, helmets, and ice skating lesson which start on Nov. 1. He wants the girls to be able to go ice skating with him when he comes home for Christmas...in fact, he wants them to "skate circles around me" (his words).


Nick didn't get skates, but he thought wearing his sisters' skates was a hoot! We did get skates that would be appropriate to hand down to Nick so he can start lessons when he is three.

3 comments:

Nathan said...

This has to be one of my ALL TIME FAVOURITE blog posts. I think that all of the kids love their new ice skates and that they are going to love learning how to be Canadain. And by that I mean learn how to ice skate. Excellent pictures except everyone seems to have red eyes.

Grandpa Lee said...

Great photos! Everyone looks as though they can't wait to get on the ice!!!

What a wonderful big brother you have. You will all have a wonderful time when Nathan arrives.

Maggie said...

How fabulous!!!

Katie's been asking to take skating lessons. I spend my winters skating on Lake Champlain - this concept of actually taking lessons seems so foreign to me.

I take swimming or skating lessons, we just did it!