Monday, October 11, 2010

Thanksgiving in Merritt

As usual, Waneta prepared a feast fit for a king complete with turkey, ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, homemade cranberry sauce, various vegetable dishes, and of course, delicious desserts. Besides the great food the weather was beautiful and all the kids spent a lot of time outside.

When we were carving the turkey Patience said she wanted the drumstick. I was afraid that she wouldn't finish it and some good meat would go to waste but I needed have worried. By the end of dinner all that was left was a bone. Her plate was clean, too!

Nick did okay with his dinner but he was a brilliant eater of dessert. He helped Grandma get the icecream out of the freezer and then for the rest of the day he knew where it was and helped himself. His Grandma didn't tell him no!

Jordyn has a mouth full of turkey in this picutre, making her look like she has a mouth full of pearly whites.


Grandma and Grandpa. Lately I've seen LOTS of pictures of dad where he's smiling! In the past, if he knew his picture was being taken he would certainly not smile and more than likely turn away from the camera! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks!

Grandma and Dylan.

Dylan and Haley.

Don and Me.

Sean giving us a "moody" shot.

The happy Sean.


3 comments:

Val said...

Great pictures! Although I will never get used to Thanksgiving before Halloween....

Haley said...

I love the picture with Jordyn where she looks like she has all of her adult teeth grown in. I almost died laughing when I saw it. She looked so much older!
Also though isn't it kind of strange to have thanksgiving at the begining of October when in America we have Thanksgiving at the end of November.

Nathan said...

I wish so bad that I could have been there for that feast! I know that no one cooks like Grandma. I am praying really really hard that she will be there for the Christmas meal this year. I loved the part about Nick being a "brilliant desert eater" he is proving my 2 stomache theory for me without me even trying.